MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (January 26, 2021) – Enerpac is adding higher tonnage cylinders to its RARH double-acting hollow aluminum cylinder line. The new 100- and 150-ton models are available with a stroke choice of 50 mm (2”), 150 mm (6”), or 250 mm (10”). The cylinders offer all the benefits provided by the 30- and 60-ton models launched last year.
Enerpac hydraulic cylinders are used for lifting projects across a wide range of industries – including construction, manufacturing, mining and offshore industries. Each project presents different challenges, and no single cylinder can suit every job. Many projects require a high level of control and the positioning of cylinders in hard-to-reach areas. The expanded line of Enerpac RARH series cylinders is designed for these challenging projects.
Portability and convenience
The RARH cylinders include tough aluminum construction which provides a lower weight solution as compared with steel cylinders. Performance and durability are not compromised by their reduced weight—with each cylinder meeting the ASME B30.1 standard and incorporating a built-in safety valve to prevent over-pressurization. Getting the cylinders into position and into smaller spaces is assisted by the integral handles on each model and their lower collapsed height.
Double-acting for more control
The RARH cylinders are double-acting, which means heavy loads can be lifted and lowered with precise control. A double-acting cylinder outputs force both in and out, creating a higher control level for the retraction that is more reliable, faster, and easier to control than a spring return system. The cylinder can be retracted more efficiently than equivalent single-acting types which use a spring return.
Features and benefits include:
- Lighter and shorter collapsed height than equivalent RACH single-acting models
- Double-acting for rapid retraction, regardless of hose lengths or system losses
- Built-in safety valve prevents accidental over-pressurization
- Hollow plunger design allows for both pull and push forces
- Composite bearings increase cylinder life and side load resistance
- Hard coat finish on all surfaces resists damage and extends cylinder life
- Handles included on all models
- Floating center tube increases seal life
- Steel baseplate and saddle for protection against load-induced damage
- Integral stop ring prevents plunger over-travel and can withstand the full cylinder capacity
- Optional internally threaded saddles allow a threaded bar to be pulled directly with the cylinder
- CR400 couplers and dust caps included on all models
- All cylinders meet ASME B-30.1 standard
To learn more about the latest Enerpac tools, visit the Enerpac Innovations page on our website.
Enerpac is a global market leader in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products, portable machining, on-site services and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. As a leading innovator with a 110-year legacy, Enerpac has helped move and maintain some of the largest structures on earth. When safety and precision matters, elite professionals in industries such as aerospace, infrastructure, manufacturing, mining, oil & gas and power generation rely on Enerpac for quality tools, services and solutions. For more information, visit www.enerpac.com.
# # #